Assalam-u-Alaikum Brothers and Sisters!
As the concerns of Covid-19 escalate throughout the country, the health and safety of your family, our staff, and the community is our top priority. This is an unprecedented public health crisis that is affecting the lives of people worldwide, and we must all do our part to help address this pandemic. Therefore, the Islamic Center of San Gabriel Mortuary is implementing the following public safety procedures to protect your family and our staff during the current health crisis, effective immediately.
- All funeral arrangements will be handled by Olive Tree Mortuary, which is equipped to handle the contagious disease. Please do not come to the masjid.
- When a loved one dies in a hospital, Olive Tree Mortuary will pick up the remains from the hospital morgue only. This may require extended wait times depending upon morgue protocol.
- All forms and contracts must be signed and submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All consultations will be conducted over the phone. You can reach Olive Tree Mortuary at (714) 739-1961.
- Tayammum will be performed instead of Ghusl.
- Visitation cannot take place at the mortuary during the current health crisis.
- Prayers will be conducted at the graveside instead of the mortuary.
- Graveside service will be limited to no more than 10 people in attendance. Attendees must arrive on time, maintain a distance of at least 6 feet apart, and disperse immediately after the service.
- Only sealed, biodegradable pine caskets will be used.
- The family will have no contact with the remains or the casket. Only mortuary staff can lower the remains into the grave.
- Shipping of human remains overseas may be delayed indefinitely depending upon airport restrictions.
- Please be mindful of CDC guidelines to wash your hands often and refrain from handshakes and hugs at all gatherings.
Please help us to enforce these procedures so that we can still honor decedents and respect the wishes of families while limiting contact for everyone’s benefit.
These new implementations will be in effect until further notice, as the current situation evolves from day-to-day. We are diligently working around the clock to maintain a high level of service to you and your family. Indeed, we have not experienced anything quite like this in recent memory, however, we are experiencing this together, and we are going to get through this together. Families come first, and we are honored to work alongside you during this crisis.